Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

Where’s The Payoff?

Bruce is a longtime friend and a now a blogger on Sales Lab Posts.  He has a unique and useful way of looking at the world, read here, here, and here.

We were celebrating his most recent post, when he said, “You know, I don’t feel anything when I post. When I make a great (tennis) shot or a great sale, I get a rush. With a blog post, I’m mostly glad it’s done.”

I feel the same way. I mostly have questions about whether each post is any good. And maybe I’m relieved I’m closer to my two-a-week goal.

But there are some awesome rewards.

I like it when I see an idea becoming real over successive blog posts.

I like when a post links to good stuff.

I like when I learn something I hadn’t considered before.

I like that I am cultivating some patches of thinking. Going back over time on a blog shows development.

And I like best when someone comments and adds to the knowledge.

Mike Sansone thinks a blog post is like A Taste On A Toothpick. You need a few to make a full meal.

What taste of this did you like best?

Share The Gift Of Knowledge. Please Join Sales Lab At:
Talk Your Business How to make more and better sales right away!
Tuesday, December 7th, 7:30am to 9:00, Intelligent Office, Alexandria
How to Scale Your Organization – When to Build, Borrow, or Buy
Thursday, December 9th, 7:15am to 8:30, Intelligent Office, Rockville
http://www.bit.ly/ScaleBBB

No comments:

Post a Comment