Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Catch A Meme And You’re Sittin’ On Top Of The World

How does a blogger find a rich vein to write about?

When I was building an open source software company, Dana Blankenhorn, the open source blogger, was my mentor. Time after time he would post something that was exactly what I needed to know.

I read and met people he identified, went to meetings he recommended, and used concepts, resources, and methods he introduced. After the project was over, I sent Dana an email thanking him for being a wonderful guide and teacher. He sent me his latest book.

Dana writes at least a half a dozen blog posts every day on a variety of subjects. I know, because we are linked on Buzz, so I’m happy to get ’em all.

Sometimes his posts are wonderful, enlightening, they move the species forward. Sometimes they are poignant and show truth. Sometimes they are so unbelievably bassackward, my toes curl…and cramp.

What I have noticed is that other readers have different opinions about those same stories. The ones I think are amazing, other commenters think are offensive. Posts that are bitter in my mouth are brilliant in their eyes. Often a comment will take the original post in a whole new direction. Dana just keeps serving up his wares.

And herein lies the story. Dana has just defined a new meme, the energy device revolution. I’m excited I’ll be learning about that. Come join us. I’m sure Dana can get you a great seat.

Your Comments?

Share The Gift Of Knowledge. Please Join Us At:
Talk Your Business How to make more and better sales right away!
Tuesday, December 7th, 7:30am to 9:00, Intelligent Office, Alexandria
How to Scale Your Organization – When to Build, Borrow, or Buy
Thursday, December 9th, 7:15am to 8:30, Intelligent Office, Rockville
http://www.bit.ly/ScaleBBB

No comments:

Post a Comment